Friday, June 11, 2010

Dear K,

Today I happified your insides and you chose to recognize it.

Sometimes being able to wittiness the simple pleasures in the lives of others brings me more joy than the simple moments I experience in my own life. For example, I was driving home from work the other day and a man was driving in the opposite direction with his window down, arm hanging out in the sunshine, feeling the breeze in his fingers, and it just happified my insides (yes, happify is a word). Our lives are so fragile and brief and yet they are so significant. There are too many beautiful, wonderful, simple, special things in this life that we overlook on a daily basis because we're too stressed about the things that don't actually matter all that much. I related to that man and though it may sound odd, for that moment I had a connection with a complete stranger that I will more than likely never encounter again. I believe it is moments like that one that build our lives and give us significant things to look at during this mortal experience. If you can count on your fingers and toes the number of times you've smiled or felt even a slight tug of joy at your heart then you aren't living the God intended. There are so many things in this dismal world worth smiling and getting goose bumps over. Just look. Really open your eyes and look. You'll be truly amazed.