Friday, January 13, 2012

Dear K,

Today I gave you light. I made your heart desire to reach out to the things you are passionate about and gave you reason to believe that you are enough. I gave you weakness so that you might know you can barrell through it, even when running on two hours of sleep.

Today I gave you a husbands smile. Didn't his eyes scream "I love you!" as you made him soup and held his head in your lap? Savor that.

Today I gave you friendship and a chance to share in someone else's excitement. Her marriage reminds of your own and your heart strings thrill at the memories made on that beautiful day. Remember the kiss...the first one as husband and wife? Remember the twirling you did in your gown? The way you couldn't stop staring at him, knowing he was yours forever.

::sigh::

Savor that.